All applicants must verify their proficiency in the English language to demonstrate that they are qualified to study at Stanton University. This is a requirement not only for the University’s Admissions Policy, but it is also required by SEVIS and BPPE.
The English Language Proficiency requirement can be fulfilled by completing one of the following:
(A) Provide a supporting document such as a diploma, test score, and transcript listed on the next page under Accepted Verification.
(B) Take the online English Proficiency Exam and pass with an acceptable score.
(A) Provide a supporting document such as a diploma, test score, and transcript listed in the Accepted Verification.
List of Programs
- U.S. High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Transcript that demonstrates completion of…
- At least one year of higher education taught in English from an institution in the United States
- An advanced level of ESL course at an institution in the United States
- GTEC CBT score of…
- 1200 or higher
- SAT score of…
- 500 or higher on Evidence Based Reading and Writing
- ACT score of…
- 21 or higher on both English and Reading sections
- Pearson PTE Academic score of…
- 53 or higher
- TOEFL iBT total score of…
- 55 or above for Associate’s
- 65 or higher for Bachelor’s
- 75 or higher for Masters
- IELTS total score of…
- 5 or above for Associate’s
- 6 or above for Bachelor’s
- 7 or above for Master’s
- Cambridge English (B2 First, C1 Advanced, or C2 Proficiency) total score of…
- 150 or higher for Associate’s
- 160 or above for Bachelor’s
- 170 or higher for Master’s
- Duolingo English Test score of…
- 80 or higher for Associate’s
- 90 or higher for Bachelor’s
(B) Take and Pass the English Proficiency Exam.
- If you cannot provide any document under Accepted Verification, you will need to take this English Proficiency Exam (ACTFL Listening and Reading Test).
- You will need a computer with Internet connection and speakers or headphone.
- Before you can take the exam, you will need to pay:
- First-Time: $60
- Each Retake: $45
You need a score of at least Advanced Low (AL) or higher on both sections. If not, you will need to retake the Exam until you receive a passing score.