Here you will find relevant resources and employment information and opportunities, we will prepare students to be adapted to professional fields they plan to have a career in.
If you need general assistance in reviewing your resume, researching and finding resources for your career plan, or starting a CPT or OPT internship, please contact Director of Career Services, Mr. Tim Trieu, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students interested in gaining relevant work experience:
Students can work in CPT. More details are provided. They can review the information below. A Stanton University Populi/Canvas account is required.
Helpful SU Guides for Job Search:
A resume is a summary that includes your education, work experience, and contact information. Employers are looking for the right fit for their open positions. Ideally, it should be only one-page. If you plan to have two pages, make sure it does have notable details as employers tend to avoid them.
Please note: You will notice a term labeled as CV, which stands for curriculum vitae, and is Latin for “Course of Life”. This format is not necessary because they tend to be formatted for careers in the academic field such as colleges; you include your published papers and conferences you have attended.
Resume Do’s and Don’ts
- Full name and contact information
- Education (highest degree first) with month and year of graduation
- Professional and relevant experiences, including internships and research experiences (with month/year of start to end)
- Leadership and volunteer experiences (indicate month/year of start to end)
- Skills, such as foreign language, technical, etc.
- Age, gender, martial status, or race/ethnicity
- Immigration status
- International permanent address
- TOEFL or SAT scores
- unless requested by employer