Stanton University welcomes applications from international students. They will need to obtain a F-1 visa.

For more details about the F-1 visa, please visit the for more information.

Please review the information below.

Financial Information
English Proficiency Requirement & Transcripts
For More Information

  1. International students must register for and maintain a full-time program of study in the academic program in which they are enrolled. A full-time program of study is 12 quarter units or more per quarter for undergraduate students and 8 units for Master’s students. Part-time F-1 status is not permitted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored by the University.
  2. Photocopies of passport and/or U.S. Visa must be submitted with an application.
  3. Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and of SU to be admitted as international students.
  4. A transfer student from a college/university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, must:
    • Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS), and
    • Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) at the college/university the student was last authorized to attend (an official transcript must be filed).

Financial Information

  1. Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year’s education and living expenses to the satisfaction of the ISAO. The amount of financial resources required varies by the program the student plans to enroll in. The ISAO will provide each student with the specific amount required.
  2. An international student attending the University must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.
  3. An international student may not accept off-campus employment while attending the University unless approval is granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and the ISAO.

English Proficiency Requirement & Transcripts

The English Language Proficiency Requirement is a verification that the student is qualified to be enrolled in the courses at Stanton University. This is a requirement not only for the University’s Admissions Policy, but it is also required by SEVIS and BPPE.

You can fulfill this requirement by providing one of the following documents:

  • TOEFL iBT Score (45 for Associate’s and Bachelor’s level programs and 61 for Master’s Degree level program) or its equivalent (i.e. IELTS)
  • Official Transcript or Diploma providing completion of U.S. high school or its equivalent.
  • Official Transcripts providing at least one year of higher education taught in English from an institution in the United States
  • Official Transcripts providing completion of high school education or higher at an educational institution where English is the primary language of instruction (for foreign countries).
  • Official Transcripts or certificate providing completion of an advanced level of ESL course at an institution in the United States.

What if I do not have any of the documents listed above?

If you cannot provide us with any of the documents listed, you will have to take the ACTFL English L&Rcat exam from Language Testing International (LTI) available at Stanton University for $60, and obtain a score of at least an Advanced Level rating for all sections.


If you have graduated from an university or high school outside of the United States, you are required to submit an official copy of both your transcriptions and diploma/certificate of graduation from the academic institutions before you can apply to Stanton University.

Foreign transcripts and diploma/certificate of graduation must be evaluated by a government-approved agency that is a member of NACES or AICE such as International Evaluation Services (IES). This evaluation is required and necessary not only to validate your documents, but also to calculate your academic credits to determine whether or not you are qualified to enroll into your selected program.

If you have been admitted under special circumstances with a conditional enrollment agreement, you must submit all documents by the second week of the quarter. Failure to do so will automatically cancel your admissions status.

For More Information

Acceptance into a program is necessary before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (formerly INS) Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) is issued by the University’s International Student Admissions Officer (ISAO). The decision to grant an acceptance will be based on all evidence received prior to the deadline. Students may contact the ISAO at SU to request forms or information:

By Mail:
Stanton University
International Student Admissions Officer
9618 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 201
Garden Grove, CA 92844

By Tel: (714) 539-6561
Fax: (714) 539-6542

By E-mail: